- Pre-orders: if you pre-order, you get the “Back to Karkand” DLC, it is 4 additional maps from BF2.
Everyone gets this.
- Gamestop: If you pre-order from Gamestop, you get the “Physical Warfare” pack, which is 4 additional weapons: the Tpye 88 light machine gun, SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor, the DAO-12 semi-auto shotgun, and the optional Flachette ammo for the DAO-12. Also, if you are a Gamestop PowerUp member, a free strategy guide. **Here is the thing… everyone will get access to the Physical Warfare pack, it is only a timed exclusive… so wait a week or two, you will get it anyway.
- Amazon: Exclusive Multiplayer dogtags.
- Best Buy: The SPECACT kit, which is 8 additional multiplayer skins.
- We now know that if you pre-order the game from EA’s online store, Origin, you can get: Back to Karkand (
everyone gets this,) 2 exclusive items for Battlefield Play4Free, earlier access to the BF3 open beta this September, and if you get the digital PC version, you will also get the Physical Warfare pack on day 1.
We now have a few more details to clarify things here.
- The early access to the beta, for pre-ordering on Origin, will be a 48 hour lead.
- The Battle for Karkand maps will ONLY be available free for people who pre-order the limited edition of the game. If not, the extra pack is going to be $15. The limited edition isn’t a separate game from the regular version, it is just the first run of the games being sold… so if you pre-order, you will most likely get a limited edition.
- The Physical Warfare pack, that Gamestop has a timed exclusive on, will be FREE for everyone, after their timed exclusivity runs out.